Art & DesignApril 14, 2023 2023-05-08 6:45
Art & Design
Cambridge International AS and A Level Art and Design is designed for students who are interested in developing their creativity and artistic skills. This subject enables students to explore and experiment with different media, techniques and processes to create artwork that demonstrates their personal vision and ideas. The course offers students the opportunity to study a wide range of areas in art and design, including drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography, graphic design, textiles, and fashion.
- Express their creativity and imagination through a range of media and techniques
- Develop their critical and contextual understanding of art and design
- Develop their technical skills and knowledge of materials and processes
- Understand and apply visual language and design principles to create effective artwork
- Explore and experiment with different styles, genres, and traditions in art and design
- Develop their communication and presentation skills through the production of a portfolio of artwork.
- Developing students’ creativity and artistic skills, which can be applied to a wide range of careers and disciplines
- Developing their critical thinking skills, as they learn to evaluate and analyse artwork from different perspectives
- Developing their communication and presentation skills, which are valuable in many professions
- Building a strong portfolio of artwork that can be used to apply for further study or employment in the creative industries
- Developing their cultural awareness and understanding of the role of art and design in different societies and historical periods.