Body Weight TrainingApril 16, 2023 2023-05-08 7:19
Body Weight Training
Body weight training, also known as calisthenics, is a form of exercise that uses the body’s weight for resistance training. This type of workout can be done anywhere, as it requires no equipment, making it an accessible and convenient way to exercise. Body weight training at Eden College involves using exercises such as push-ups, squats, lunges, planks, and dips to build strength and improve cardiovascular endurance. It is a form of functional training that focuses on movements that mimic everyday activities, such as lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Convenience: body weight training can be done anywhere, making it easy to fit into a busy schedule.
- Cost-effective: no equipment is required, so it’s a great way to save money on gym memberships and equipment costs.
- Builds strength and muscle: body weight training is an effective way to build strength and muscle mass without the need for weights or machines.
- Improves flexibility and mobility: many body weight exercises require a full range of motion, which can help improve flexibility and mobility.
- Cardiovascular endurance: body weight training can be a great way to improve cardiovascular endurance, as it often involves high-intensity exercises that get the heart rate up.