Literature & EnglishApril 14, 2023 2023-05-08 6:50
Literature & English
The CAIE A levels Literature and English course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the English language, its literature, and its use in various contexts. The course focuses on developing students’ critical and analytical skills, as well as their ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Develop students’ appreciation and understanding of a range of literary genres, styles, and forms, including poetry, drama, and prose.
- Enhance students’ ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate literary texts in their historical, cultural and social contexts.
- Develop students’ skills in critical thinking, analytical writing, and oral communication.
- Encourage students to engage with literary texts creatively and imaginatively, and to develop their own perspectives and interpretations.
- Develop students’ understanding of the English language and its use in a range of contexts, including in literature, media, and everyday communication.
- Enhancing students’ literacy skills, including reading, writing, and communication skills.
- Developing students’ critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyse and evaluate complex ideas and arguments.
- Providing students with a strong foundation in English language and literature, which can lead to further study in related fields.
- Encouraging students to engage with a diverse range of literary texts, which can broaden their perspectives and deepen their understanding of the world.
- Developing students’ creativity and imagination, which can be valuable in a range of personal and professional contexts.
- Helping students find their voice as authors.