Media StudiesApril 14, 2023 2023-05-08 6:41
The primary aim of CAIE A level Media Studies is to enable students to understand and engage with the complex and ever-changing media landscape of the 21st century.
- Developing a critical understanding of how media institutions and industries operate, including their political, economic, and cultural contexts.
- Analysing how media products construct meaning and representations of the world, and how they impact audiences.
- Exploring the diverse range of media forms and genres, and the ways in which they have evolved over time.
- Developing practical skills in media production, such as digital storytelling, film-making, and audio production.
- Enhancing students’ critical thinking skills, allowing them to analyse and evaluate media products and their impact on society.
- Developing creativity and media production skills, enabling the students to express themselves effectively through various media forms.
- Preparing students for further studies or careers in media-related fields, such as Journalism, Film-Making, Advertising, and Marketing, more importantly Digital Marketing.
- Providing them with a broad understanding of the role and impact of media on society and culture, and empowering them to become informed and responsible media consumers and producers.